Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day 4: It's getting theory in here

After 3 hours and 1440 words, I have finished drafting part of the related work section. The first part. Out of six distinct sections.

Fortunately, I don't think the rest will be as hard. This section had to introduce professional development for teachers, active learning, feedback, reflection, and self-efficacy.

Crap. I forgot about discursive teaching. It needs that, too. Okay, so I haven't fully drafted this section, but I'll have to come back to it. I've only budgeted 6 more hours for drafting this chapter. I'll push through with the rest and see how much time, if any, remains for fixing holes.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that I'm not taking time to go find the citations for anything. I just have (CITE) written everywhere I make some claim. I am hoping that I will be able to fill all of that in easily because I've written on this topic so many times. Also, it's usually easier to go through a document and find a lot of necessary references than to keep stopping and starting again. That said, I'm still afraid that writing in the citations will take a bit longer than I have the budget for.

Things to keep in mind this weekend when I don't feel like working...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?