Saturday, May 26, 2018

Day 6: Personal Informatics and Smart Classrooms

1062 very challenging words today. I spent about 2/3 of them writing about personal informatics. I was surprised when I went back to the proposal to compare. In that document I spent about half a paragraph talking about it. Not enough. But now I wonder if I wrote too much. A lot of it feels week and rambling, too.

I'm not thrilled with the smart classrooms section, either. It doesn't feel completely cogent. But I had to just keep pushing forward without getting stuck. When I go back to edit I imagine I will see what the problems are.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the next and final session of Chapter 2. I need to summarize what the contributions will be and then explain design-based research. One thing that I struggle to explain, and another that I have written about many times.

I had to add an unexpected day for Chapter 2. I had only budgeted ~10 hours to write it, but I'll need 1 or 2 more. This kind of mistake tends to cascade, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Here's a sample of my writing calendar. Each of the colors represents when things get moved.



Anyway, if this dissertation thing doesn't work out, I can always go back to making spreadsheets for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?