Monday, May 21, 2018

Dissertation writing officially under way

As of today, five weeks later than I had planned, I have begun writing my PhD thesis. On the upside, I at least prepared over the past few months by outlining most of the chapters and building a daily writing plan. Now it begins.

My goal today was to write for 3 hours. I produced 1291 words drafting the first chapter. I probably have about 900 more to go before my first draft of Ch1 is done. I plan to complete that tomorrow and then write the outline for Ch5.

I decided to revive this blog space in order to write reflections on the process. It might help me stay on track if I think there's a remote possibility that someone I know could be paying attention. It also helps me express my online exhibitionism in a relatively low-impact kind of way, now that I have lost all interest in the dominant social networking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?